Using an Electric Pressure Washer
A pressure washer is a great cleaning machine that will get rid of dirt and grime from various objects. You can use it on your home, decks, fences, and surfaces such as vinyl and brick.
There are two kinds of pressure washer that make cleaning your old outdoor patio or wooden deck simple and more effective. The first type is the gas pressure washer which is suitable for heavy-duty jobs and large areas. The second type is the electric pressure washer which is designed for lighter cleaning duties.
Although both types are beneficial, some people prefer using an electric pressure washer because it is cheaper and lightweight. In fact, a study said that 60 percent of buyers are more likely to choose an electric pressure washer even if they clean slower than a gas pressure washer.
There are many things you can clean with this machine, but before that, you should know how to use an electric pressure washer.
One advantage of an electric pressure washer over a gas pressure washer is that it’s tool-free. Unlike gas pressure washers, you do not have to pull-start, mix fuel, and other things which could be a hassle for some people. With an electric pressure washer, you do not need any tools to set it up, allowing you to start cleaning right away.
- Put the electric pressure washer on a flat surface.
- Make sure that the water filter is there so that there will be no debris or grits entering the machine.
- Connect one end of the garden hose to the inlet of the pressure washer and the other end to the faucet or water supply. Do this before plugging in the machine to prevent accidents.
- Insert the high-pressure hose that comes with the pressure washer to another inlet of the machine.
- Next, attach the cleaning attachment of your choice. It could be a spray gun or a rotating brush. Make sure to lock it in place.
- Now, plug your pressure washer into the power source or outdoor outlet. Check if the GFCI is set.
- Turn on the water faucet. If the pressure washer does not have enough supply, the pump can be damaged, so make sure to keep the water running while cleaning.
- Turn on the electric pressure washer.
- Simply pull or squeeze the trigger of the spray gun while cleaning and release it to pause.
Now that you know how to use an electric pressure washer, you should also learn how to cease operations properly. Once you have completed your cleaning task, turn off the faucet, and unplug the pressure washer from the outlet.
Squeeze the trigger gun until all the pressure that has built up is released; do this after shutting off the unit. To keep your unit damage-free, remove the water from the water pump, as well as from the hoses. Disconnect all the hoses and the nozzle from the gun.
In cleaning the areas you want, it is not enough to know how to use an electric pressure washer. These machines are dangerous and can cause injuries to users.
Since you cannot guarantee that mishaps such as chemical burns and skin abrasions don’t happen, all you can do is to protect yourself. Below are some helpful tips you should do while cleaning with a pressure washer.
- Wear protective glasses or goggles, and shoes while cleaning. Since gas models are noisier, you should also wear hearing protection.
- Try the pressure washer first by cleaning a different area so you can accordingly adjust the pressure.
- Keep the nozzle at least 6” to 2’ away from the surface of what you are cleaning. This way, your things won’t be damaged due to too much pressure.
- Never point the nozzle at people and pets, as well as to electrical devices and lights.
- Do not choose solid-stream nozzles and settings because they can cause the most harm to the things you are cleaning.
More tips to get the most out of your electric pressure washer
- Wash vertical surfaces from bottom to the top and rinse them from the top down.
- Use the widest spray angle of your nozzle where the pressure is lower because using the too narrow a nozzle can harm the object you’re trying to clean.
- To prevent water from cutting into the surface, spray jets of high-pressure water to different parts and keep moving.